Friday, July 6, 2007

..."So Now I'm Really Livin in the 919"...

Well, finally went and did it. Yesterday, I put a deposit down on a great apartment in Raleigh. It's within running distance of Jack's house/studio,within walking distance of "Cameron Village"(upscale shopping/dining village)and about a 5 minute cab ride to the heart of the downtown Raleigh and, ofcourse, "Slim's".
Feels really,really good. Within a minute of e-mailing news about this blessed event to Terry and the guys, I was showered with warm, welcoming e-mails.
In the past 24 hours, I've had some great times. Had a fun lunch with Paul Friedland(aka "Clutch"), who is a great artist(and also handles merchandizing for The OAK Team)and we batted around ideas for my record artwork and layout. Then had dinner with Jesse Huebner and his wife and just had a great evening. Jesse played bass on half of the songs on my record and also plays for Tres Chicas and The Patty Hurst Shifters and a nicer more pleasant man you cannot find on this planet.
Then dropped by the studio to say hey to Jack who casually announced that we're going to work on my record tonight and tomorrow, doing some singing, adding or repeating some guitar,etc. This was not on the program; I was just coming up to hang arouund cuz I just like it up here. So I am thrilled! Not because I'm stressed about completing the record-but because I cannot think of anything more fun then playing around in the studio recording. It's better than the most fun game or sport you've ever played.
By the way, since my last dispatch some more mind blowing experiences have occurred which involve Keith Christopher, Rick Richards and...Gamba Vineyards! Stay tuned for further dispatches from...The Twilight Zone!

No comments: