Monday, July 9, 2007

How Was Your Weekend?

Mine was off the charts!
Got to see Ian Mclagan(Small Faces,Faces, New Barbarians) at The Hideaway BBQ in the 919 and he was flat out great!
Before that, was invited to a friendly NASCAR watching,guacamole eating party at Bobzilla's place(Road Manager to the stars,friend of Terry A's and all around good guy). Before that, worked for about 12 hours on my record(with about 2 hours sleep in between) and pretty much finished alot of what I needed to finish. The results are just making me one smilin mofo,yo! Once again I need to emphasize that Jonathan Lowry is a freaking genius,as is Jack! And the playing of Terry Anderson,Dave Bartholomew, Greg Rice, Jesse Huebner and Jack is just jaw dropping!!
And no-you can't hear it until Jack says it's ok!!!
And,let's see-what else? Oh yeah-got booked to have my world premier performance of the original songs on my record at Slim's in downtown Raleigh on October 19-my birthday(day before is Chuck Berry"s birthday-day after is Tom Petty's). Now all I need is a band. But,as Nigel Tufnel says, "That's nit picking, in'it"?
Have a good week. Let's be careful out there!

No comments: