Friday, June 29, 2007

Some Days Are Diamonds,Some Days Are Rocks...

So yesterday was a particularly surreal day for your humble narrator. It was one of those days that makes you do double takes all day long until you go to sleep at night.
Essentially, I went from having a very difficult, heart wrenching moment with the woman with whom I shared 13 years of my life,to, within an hour from that point, receiving an e-mail from my favorite wine producer, Gamba Winery, offering to send me specially released bottles of their future releases personally autographed by Mr.Gamba himself!
Then, just as I am marvelling at that, I get another e-mail from KEITH CHRISTOPHER!!! asking me to let him know when would be a good time for he and RICK RICHARDS!!!to come to Raleigh to record on MY RECORD sometime after July 18!!! Then I'm copied on an e-mail from my producer and Zen Master, Jack Cornell, to Rick Richards, forwarding Rick via e-mail a few rough mixes of some of my tracks to see if Rick hears anything he'd like to play on!!
And, in the "surreal" department, I immediately start to think to myself,"Hmmm. Do you think I'd better say something to Jack and to Jonathan(co-producer and engineer) that they'd better not try to talk RR out of recording on that BRAND FUCKING NEW VOX AC-30 that I purchased and sent to the studio for me to record with that they never even let me turn on???!!!"
Where the fuck am I? Who the fuck am I?

2 comments:

Roadmap Girl said...

Dear Monty, who the fuck are you and what the fuck are you is unimportant right now. You are in it, my brother. Swimming in the sea of Life. And that's all that matters. Your muscles are strong, you are unafraid to do what must be done. "If a man pursues his dream...he will meet with success" (I forget who said that) Everything is coming your way. It just hurts and confuses sometimes. I ain't no f'n Zen Master, but here ya go. (As they say in "Almost Famous" -- IT'S ALL HAPPENING!)

Jax411 said...

Heheh, the AC-30 is definitely feeling a little out of the picture...guess we'll have to remedy that.
jack