Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Fathers' day '07

Ok, so I leave for the 919 again tomorrow. I have business in Asheville, then will drive over in time to see Terry Anderson and The Olympic Asskickin Team in action at the Hogday festivities somewhere outside of Raleigh. I also plan to go catch a Mudcats game with the O.A.K.Team and their friends and families on Fathers' Day and then will fly home.
As Fathers' Day approaches, I reflect on my own father and my own avoidance of becoming a father. Rather than wax on with some self-analytical stuff that none of you would possibly care about, I will just say that I greatly admire those of you who have become fathers and have raised families. It is perhaps the most selfless act that a man can perform and the fact that I continue to run from it underscores the difference between a man and an overgorwn boy such as myself(or as it is put so well in the movie, "Arthur": " a delightful child").
So to all my friends who have fought that good fight and to all you fathers out there(both of you who accidentally have stumbled across this site), here's to ya and God Bless yer cotton socks!

No comments: