Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Another Line Crossed

So today's kinda special to me: my Myspace page(www.myspace.com/montywarren)just crossed the 500 threshold(i.e., has been viewed over 500 times). Considering that my record is not even out yet and I have not yet even played my first gig, I'm pretty amazed by the level of interest.
It has been absolutely hysterical for me to see the different reactions that different friends,enemies,clients and 'partners' have had to all of this. To those of you who are rooting for me to finally pursue my longtime hobbie of songwriting and performing(eventhough,obviously, I will never give up my law practice)I just want to thank you and hope that your sincere kind wishes are repayed to you in life 10 fold. To those of you who seem for some reason threatened, or condescending or who have otherwise reacted negatively toward this little adventure of mine, I can only forgive you and remind you that Karma is a bad motherfucker and that you will surely reap what you sew down the road a piece.
Y'all should think about breaking out of your own little comfort zones once in a while and pursue art, writing, photography,stand up comedy, Little Theatre-any damn thing that brings you joy,preferably brings joy to others, and serves to remind you that there is a fuck of alot more to this life than just greedily making as much money as possible and ending up with the most toys to rust after you leave your miserable little life. I have probably smiled more in the last 6 months than in the last 20 years-no exaggeration!
So, if you'll excuse me, gotta get back to my Myspace page. As soon as I get the ok from Jack, I will post some of the record on www.myspace.com/montywarrenandthefrigginwhatevers). Oh yeah-and Jesus loves you...even if I can't stand the sight of you.

2 comments:

Victor said...

Amen, brother!!! Life is too short to not enjoy all the universe may offer. Amazing things happen when we move beyond the petty BS and really learn to live!!!

Jax411 said...

The songs will be available soon folks!