Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday,Mom!

Today would have been my mother's 87th birthday. In celebration of that fact, I am taking myslef to Raleigh today and will be hopefully attending the opening day of The Durham Bulls with my recently discovered Raleigh brothers.
My mom loved baseball...and The Rolling Stones so I'm also gonna go see Shine A Light for the 3rd time once I hit RDU. Damn that is a great movie for any rock and roll fan to go see! If at all possible, try to hold out to see it in IMAX format-it is jaw dropping, grin producingly good!
Whatever good that happened in my life I owe to my Mom. She was really something else and I devoted much of my life trying to save hers. I will forever be grateful to the friends,family and lovers I had in my life who helped me help her through her very difficult journey and will silently be thinking and thanking each of you for all you helped me to do for her(even if today you hate me like poison)throughout the rest of this weekend.
So happy birthday, Mom and I hope you found a sharp looking guy up there to jitterbug with and that you're laughing all the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for honoring Mom on your website today, Monty. If she were alive, she'd be thrilled and modest about your praise.

Her motto was from "The Unsinkable Molly Brown": "Nobody wants me down like I wants me up!"

Words to live by, bro, and you learned them well...I'm sure she's proud of you still. Love- Marlan