Friday, October 19, 2007

God, I Love Raleigh!

The gig last night at Sadlack's was an incredible dream come true. A very tough,knowlegeable rock and roll crowd embrassed me by the end of the night. Folks were actually chanting, "Monty,Monty,Monty...", demanding encores after a 2 hour performance. Al Anderson and Terry Anderson not only show up, but stay for the night-sit 3 feet away from me as I performed some of their own songs in front of them. Then, God bless him, Terry hops behind the drums and off we go on impromptu versions of "Bottle and A Bible" and "Let it Loose", with the entire house singing along.
You know,I doubt that this would happen virtually anywhere else. These people are just the warmest, most honest, sharpest folks I've ever been around. Maybe there's a kinship among underdogs.
I'm gonna think about that and get back to you...but right now, I'm gonna go get a Mexican lunch with my long lost brother, Jack Cornell, and continue to thumb my nose at anyone who's got a stick too far up their ass to get what I'm talking about, and celebrate the fuck out of my having survived another year in this best of all possible worlds.
Happy birthday to me.

No comments: